Department of Computer Science and Applications
- Last Updated: 09 July 2020
DEPARTMENT OF COMPUTER SCIENCE AND APPLICATIONS
The year 2007 is a landmark in the history of CRSU, Jind that witnessed the dawn of Department of Computer Science and Applications. Kurukshetra University Post Graduate Regional Centre (KUPGRC), Jind started functioning in August, 2007 with 2 programmes (MCA and MBA).
Course: MCA (2 Years) Intake: 50
(i) Passed B.C.A with minimum 50% marks (minimum 47.5% marks for SC/ST).
(ii) Passed Bachelor Degree with Computer Science (the candidate must have studied at least one paper of Computer Science in all semesters during Bachelor Degree) and scored minimum 50% Marks (minimum 47.5% marks for SC/ST).
(iii) Passed Bachelor’s Degree(with Mathematics/ Statistics at 10+2 level) with minimum 50% marks (minimum 47.5% marks for SC/ST) along with PGDCA or equivalent. In this case, for merit preparation, marks of Bachelor’s Degree will be considered.
(a) Ph.D. is also started in the year 2015.
Vision of DCSA
To create the most conducive ambience for the creation and dissemination of knowledge guided by innovative thinking, scientific enquiry, sublime human values, sustainable ecology, and democratic ethos.
Mission of CRSU
- To establish linkages with repute organisations at national and international level for the exchange of ideas and collaborative research.
- To explore the unmapped horizons of knowledge that will helps students to get placed in Industries.
- To focus on quality, access, relevance and innovations.
- To create a student-centric and participatory academic environment.
- To inculcate sound human values among the learners.
- To practice multidisciplinary and inter-disciplinary approach in dissemination of knowledge.
- To ensure sound integrity, ethics and values among the students and faculty.
- To encourage creativity, participation, cultural exchange and innovative practices in curriculum.
Thrust Area of Research
- Data Mining
- Cloud Computing
- Artificial Intelligence
- Software Engineering,
- Programming Languages,
- Unified Modelling Languages (UML)
i. National Workshop on Research Methodology and MATLAB
ii. Extension Lectures
- Fine Arts Competition
- Orientation Programme