Department of Computer Science and Applications
- Last Updated: 16 August 2018
DEPARTMENT OF COMPUTER SCIENCE AND APPLICATIONS
The year 2007 is a landmark in the history of CRSU, Jind that witnessed the dawn of Department of Computer Science and Applications. Kurukshetra University Post Graduate Regional Centre (KUPGRC), Jind started functioning in August, 2007 with 2 programmes (MCA and MBA).
The Department is running Master of Computer Applications (MCA) (3 year full time course) and was initiated in July 2014. Two courses (i) Master of Computer Applications (3 yrs.) (ii) MCA (Lateral Entry) (2 yrs.) in Computer Science has been introduced from year 2014 and one new courses (a) Ph.D. is also started in the year 2015.
Vision of DCSA
To create the most conducive ambience for the creation and dissemination of knowledge guided by innovative thinking, scientific enquiry, sublime human values, sustainable ecology, and democratic ethos.
Mission of CRSU
- To establish linkages with repute organisations at national and international level for the exchange of ideas and collaborative research.
- To explore the unmapped horizons of knowledge that will helps students to get placed in Industries.
- To focus on quality, access, relevance and innovations.
- To create a student-centric and participatory academic environment.
- To inculcate sound human values among the learners.
- To practice multidisciplinary and inter-disciplinary approach in dissemination of knowledge.
- To ensure sound integrity, ethics and values among the students and faculty.
- To encourage creativity, participation, cultural exchange and innovative practices in curriculum.
MCA, MCA(LEET), Ph.D.
Thrust Area of Research
- Data Mining
- Cloud Computing
- Artificial Intelligence
- Software Engineering,
- Programming Languages,
- Unified Modelling Languages (UML)
i. National Workshop on Research Methodology and MATLAB
ii. Extension Lectures
- Fine Arts Competition
- Orientation Programme