Department of Mass Communication
- Last Updated: 27 June 2019
DEPARTMENT OF MASS COMMUNICATION
(Established in - 2015)
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Department of Mass Communication in Chaudhary Ranbir Singh University, Jind is one of the finest departments of the university. The foundation stone of the Mass Communication Department was laid in the year 2015. The department educates and trains the students in various fields of media and mass communication. The coursework and syllabi are regularly updated to be in tune with the latest industry trends. The department attempts to adapt to changes in the profession so as to prepare the students to give their best in different environments. The department is very active in organizing workshops, media fests etc. along with a series of extension lectures on the different topics like personality development, communication skills, print & electronic media production, media role, print, Writing for electronic media and advertising, Editing software, news story structure & style, Mass media & social networking sites, Designing etc., so that the students remain updated with field knowledge. Dissertation is also included in the course curriculum for equipping the students with the research knowledge too. The quality, vitality and novelty of our programs remain unsurpassed, providing the foundation and opportunity for students not only to succeed, but to shape the future of journalism and mass communication. The department also produces socially relevant documentaries. Our students avail internships and trainings in prestigious media organizations/ agencies. Till date, the students of the Department have achieved good placement in esteemed media organizations as per their interest areas.
- The department offers a two years M.A. in Mass Communication.
- Number of Seats- 30
- Eligibility criteria - Bachelor's degree in any discipline with 45% marks in aggregate.
- Prof. S.K. Sinha
Dean and Chairperson, Department of Mass Communication.
- Dr. Bharti Batra, In-Charge, Department of Mass Communication
- Dr. Jaipal, Assistant Professor, Dept. of Mass Communication and Public Relations Officer, CRSU, Jind.
FUTURE PLANNING OF THE DEPARTMENT
Presently, the Department is having an editing lab and in-process studio. The Department is fully equipped with latest media production equipments. The Department is planning to start Community Radio for the practical exposure of the students aspiring to join the radio industry. The community radio will also help in the development of the region.
CURRENT PRODUCTIONS OF THE DEPARTMENT
- Bi-lingual magazine
The Department quarterly publishes bi-lingual magazine “Dialogue Hkkjrh”. The magazine includes the write-ups from students, staff and others. Each of the magazine published on some significant theme of the time.
- CRSU News Bulletin
The students of the Department weekly publish a television news bulletin as CRSU news bulletin. All the works like news collection, writing, and editing is done by the students of Mass Cmmunication.
For more details kindly visit #CRSUCommunis (Official Facebook Page of the Department of Mass Communication)
AUDIO-VIDEO PROJECTS (PRODUCED BY THE STUDENTS AS A PART OF COURSE CURRICULUM)
- Short Films/Documentary/ Radio Productions/ Audio-Video Productions
- Short film titled “Death ends a life not relationship”
- Short film titled “Khali bottle ka Department”
- Short film titled “Zindagi”
- Short film titled “Toilet Paper”
- Documentary titled “Amavasya”
- Documentary titled “Gulabi Auto”
- Radio documentary titled “Bachpan”
- Radio Documentary on “Traffic Inspector”