- It is informed that the Interviews for the posts of Assistant Professor in English scheduled for February 25& 26, 2019 are hereby postponed due to administrative reasons. The revised schedule shall be notified later.
Department of Mass Communication
- Last Updated: 15 July 2017
DEPARTMENT OF MASS COMMUNICATION - (Established in - 2015)
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
- The department offers a 2-years M.A. Mass Communication course (Print Media, Electronic Media, Advertisement and Public Relations)
- Number of Seats- 50
- Eligibility criteria - Bachelor's degree in any discipline with 45% marks in aggregate.
- The department of Mass Communication at Chaudhary Ranbir Singh University, Jind is one of the finest departments of the university. The foundation stone of the Mass Communication department was laid on the year 2015. The department prepares the students to perform a vital and challenging function of finding out the truth amid complicated situations, usually under a time constraint, and communicating it in a clear, engaging fashion to the society. The department also educates the students about communications and journalism, and functions as a significant guiding force in journalism and inculcates in its students the habit of thinking of themselves as leaders for change and improvement in the profession. The department attempts to adapt to changes in the profession, to respond to new developments in the way news is delivered and to prepare students to work in different environments. The coursework and syllabi are regularly updated to be in tune with the latest industry trends. Department was pioneer in starting the different specialized programme like Electronic Media, Print Media, Public Relations, Advertisement and Development Communication. The department is very active in organizing workshops, media fests etc. along with a series of extension lectures on the different topics like personality development, communication skill, print & electronic production, media role, print, electronic and advertising writing, technique of photoshop, news story structure & style, media fest, reporting tools, online media & social networking sites, principle of designing etc., so that students remain updated with knowledge in field like print, electronic, advertisement and public relations. The quality, vitality and innovation of our programs remain unsurpassed, providing the foundation and opportunity for students not only to succeed, but to shape the future of journalism and mass communication. The department will also be able to produce socially relevant documentaries. Our students avail of internship in prestigious media organizations/ agencies. Dissertation is also included along with course work.
FUTURE PLANNING OF THE DEPARTMENT
- The department is presently running two year course in Mass Communication. In future, department is planning to start Community Radio, Television studio, Radio studio, Production lab, Weekly newspaper, Weekly News bulletin, Television and Radio documentary, Short movies, Print and Visual advertisements etc. To hone the skills of students department regularly organizes workshops, Media fests etc. along with a series of extension lectures, so that students remain updated with knowledge in field like print, electronic, advertisement and public relations.