Social Outreach Initiatives
- Last Updated: 16 July 2017
University’s Commitment and Contribution to Society
Committed for the wellbeing of society. Vice Chancellor has personally visited more than 260 Schools & Colleges of Jind region to inculcate Values and Skills among students with the intention of grooming their Personality by igniting a positive and constructive spark in their young minds for developing them as a good human being.
University has adopted 6 Schools of Jind District
1. Govt. Senior Sec. School,Rajpura
2. Kasturbha Gandhi Balika Vidyalaya, Safa Kheri
3. Govt. Senior Sec. School, Bibipur
4. Govt. Senior Sec. School, Digana
5. Govt. Primary School, Dhani Bidwali
6. Gopal Vidya Mandir Sen.Sec.School
Number of Gender sensitization programmes have been organized in collaboration with NGO “Neha Foundation”.
1. Organized Mega Blood Donation Camp (with a record collection of 697 units of blood) on 20/12/2014.
2. Launched a number of Cleanliness drives for Clean, Green and Polythene Free Jind.
3. Organized Polio Vaccination Campaign at University Campus.
4. Initiated “Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao Awareness Campaign” from University campus which was attended by Hon’ble Cabinet Minister,Ch. Birender Singh.
5. Tree Plantation drives on and around university campus- more than 2500 trees were planted.
In tune with the vision of the Hon’ble Prime Minister to transform the nation as ‘Swachchh Bharat’and ‘Skilled India’ through dedicated efforts.
Interactive sessions with the students and teachers of schools and colleges of Jind region are organized by the presenter at the regular intervals to impart the skills and to sensitize the youth about the issues concerning personality development, health, hygiene and sanitation.